Proverbs 16:9

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
Galatians 5:25

"Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit."

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

And So It Begins...

Yesterday we officially kicked off the craziness of Christmas. Gabe was able to partake in some wonderful rip-roaring wrapping paper tearing fun. When he initially opened the presents he was most certainly only interested in the paper and cardboard the gifts were wrapped in. However, once that was all taken away he was very interested in all of his new toys and has enjoyed hours of fun with them already. Keeping it short and sweet today because I've still got a ton of packing left to do before we leave for Kansas. Here are some snapshots of the day.

Oh, and before the photos let me just say it is so bizarre that it has been storming all day...thunder, lightening and lots of rain...and is 60 degrees and tomorrow at this same time it will be 30 degrees with 5 to 6 inches of snow on the ground. Weather...so weird. On to the pictures...


Tearing into the first gift.




Really concentrating on getting it off.




Oooo...ahhhh...paper tearing!




Hip-hip-hooray for cardboard!




Oooo....ribbon, Mommy.




Oh! There's some toys.




Yeah...I just like bows better. Sorry, Mommy.




Gabe, Abby, Jacob and I enjoying the grandparent's new fire pit.




Just look at that adorably chubby face!

And, no I'm not talking about mine. Geesh.




Oh, and those adorably chubby cheeks. I can't resist that kid's smile!




Abby snuggling up tight in Gabe's blanket because she refused to wear her jacket.

And, when her brother knocked a chair over and bumped his head, it "irritated" this three year old. I asked for clarification or maybe suggested a different feeling, but no, she insisted, "that was irritating". I love growing vocabularies!

Not irritated, but rushed for time, I must get back to work. In case I'm not on here for another couple of days....Merry Christmas everyone! Be safe and have fun celebrating Jesus's birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment