Proverbs 16:9

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
Galatians 5:25

"Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit."

Monday, December 21, 2009

Tractors Make Me Happy

Wonderful news...Gabe is definitely past the stomach flu...and the pink eye has cleared up. So, no more gross, unhappy blogs. Might I just say though that Gabe's conjunctivitis (aka pink eye) is a good reminder to parents why they shouldn't take their kids to the doctor's office unless absolutely necessary. When we went in last Tuesday Gabe had the stomach flu and two days later he had pink eye and as a result of the eye infection also had a middle ear infection and he's never had an ear infection. And, because he's been sick the only place he's been is to the doctor so I must deduct that the doctor's office is where he picked up the pink eye. On a positive note...at least we got all this mess taken care of before Christmas!

A few days ago I was stopped by an ONG (Oklahoma Natural Gas) worker who informed me they would be tearing up our yard soon to fix a gas line. Initially I was less than thrilled about my yard being all torn up. I've changed my mind though. This morning Gabe was being particularly crabby for a reason unbeknownst (I use this word all the time in speaking but am pretty sure I've never written it...kind of a weird word) to me. Then, I heard the rumble of a backhoe in the front yard and I had the most wonderful idea. Open up the windows perch Gabe in a chair and let him watch. Oh my stars did that work like a charm. See for yourself.



Mommy, why am I here?




Really, Mommy...what are we doing here?





Oooooooo....tractor, Mommy.





I like the tractor, Mommy.




Are there any other tractors, Mommy?




Mommy! I neeeeed more tractors.




Tractors make me happy!


And for that reason, tractors make me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment