He fell out of bed twice before Casey and I went to bed. You'd have thought we would have figured out then that it just wasn't working and we needed to put the rails back on, but we didn't. We just kept putting him back in bed and hoping he'd stay put. He didn't. At 1 am he fell out of bed screaming. I put him back in and went to bed. At 2:30 am he fell out of bed screaming and I went and got him and brought him to our bed (which by the way we NEVER do...seriously, Casey and I like our sleep way too much to invite Roly Poly Oly in with us). For about an hour he had play time, mostly by himself as Casey and I were absolutely exhausted. He finally fell asleep, but it didn't help us any because he had the same problem in our bed that he did in his. He turned every way which way, kicked me in the head, and that was it. Back to his own bed he went. He did manage to stay in his own bed for another two hours before he fell out of bed yet again and we had to put him back in.
The next day Casey put the rails back on and we all enjoyed a solid night of rest. Some wise friends suggested a toddler bed rail, and we were able to find one at WalMart for around $20. Casey installed it and it has worked perfectly. Gabe stays in the bed all night.
A happy and safe boy.
Wake up!
He loves his bull...
...and being the center of attention.
Another worry of mine before we took the big boy bed plunge was that Gabe wouldn't stay in bed once we put him there, or that he would get up in the morning and be roaming around while I shower. But, that hasn't been an issue at all. When he goes to bed he stays in bed and he's really a late sleeper. I have to wake him up each morning. Even now, at 8:45 am as I write this on my third snow day of the year (and what a snow day it's been...record breaking even!) he is still fast asleep. And, he doesn't know how to open doors yet, so even if he did wake up and crawl out of bed on his own he wouldn't be roaming the house.
Now, if we can just get him to cross that next big milestone...potty training!
No comments:
Post a Comment