Last Tuesday Bartlesville received 14 plus inches of snow in about an eight hour period. This significant snow event caused the cancellation of classes for the remainder of the week. Which meant two awesome things. One, I had more time to spend with Gabe and I got to spend all day with him on his birthday (I would have been working all day had we been in school....literally all day we were scheduled to have games Friday night, but those were postponed.) and secondly, I had more free time to craft!
Wednesday night temperatures in Bartlesville plummeted to -28....that's real temperature, not wind chill. All over town pipes were freezing and lines were breaking. Historically, the crawlspace under our house has lent itself to easy freezing of pipes in much milder temperatures. However, our pipes were warm and toasty thanks to my husband and his father who insulated them with pipe wrapping two years ago. Seriously a great investment because we've never had a problem with the pipes since.
After the snow finally stopped coming down on Wednesday I put Gabe down for a nap and then shoveled the drive by myself. I've never been so thankful for a one car driveway in all the time we've lived here. And, of course now I'm cursing the one car drive because of the snow melt and the mud we have to either drive in or walk in to be able to get in the house while a car is parked on the drive.
It wasn't until Saturday that Gabe actually got to get out and play in the snow. It was just too cold earlier in the week for a little guy to be out. And, his cousin Bryson just happened to be here too and he brought some fabulous toys to move the snow.
Here are photos from our second dose of winter storms this month.
There's a driveway there somewhere...
These are the neighbor's cars.
There's a small stoop and a yard there somewhere.
Casey's muscle truck tracks.
Shoveling in progress.
My back is aching just looking at these...
...but somehow they also give me a great sense of accomplishment.
Yay! Made it to the street!
Boo! Just to find a 14 inch wall of snow there.
Ummm...
....that's awfully deep.
Attempting to throw a snowball.
The snow didn't exactly pack well.
Oh, finally some help!
Bryson loading up buckets of snow.
Is that a great dump truck or what?
Loading up the bed.
Headed to dump.
And dumping.
Good use of power equipment.
This kid loves tractors.
Don't put that in my truck!
Sometimes Gabe doesn't listen so well...
Sometimes he can be downright defiant.
This is a prime example of that.
And, this is a full blown 2 year old temper tantrum.
Mommy said no walking in the ankle deep water in the street, and he was not happy.
Sometime this week I will find time to put up birthday posts from his birthday activities Friday and his birthday party Saturday. It was a great weekend of celebrating.
No comments:
Post a Comment