On Saturday afternoon we helped shovel a driveway across the street. An elderly lady lives there all by herself and she was out shoveling the walk for the mailman! I didn't think it appropriate that someone of her age be out there in the cold on icy ground shoveling, so Gabe and I bundled up and sauntered over to meet Ethel for the very first time. And, it was a great excuse to get out of the house while Casey worked on homework. She was very sweet and she even let Gabe poke around her garage (much to my dismay) while I scraped stairs and sidewalks. He found several large bottles of apple juice and tried ferverently to get me to open them for him. No deal, Gabe.
After finishing the walk up for Ethel and making her promise not to use the front steps because of the 2" of ice layered on them from the drip off the porch gutters, Gabe and I attempted to build a snow man. Again, no deal, Gabe. We stacked a couple of buckets up but the snow was so light and powdery even those didn't stand for very long. I couldn't roll a snowman ball to save my life. Gabe enjoyed the knee deep snow anyway and Casey got a few pics for you to enjoy.
Monday evening I crawled up on the sun room roof and scraped off the foot of snow up there in anticipation for last night's storm. I was concerned that roof couldn't handle two feet of snow thawing on it.
Late last night a heavy band of snow began to fall on Bartlesville and it sat there for a good twelve hours. We ended up with a total snowfall in the neighborhood of 14" (a little more according to some reports). So, again Gabe and I spent the day together at home. Tomorrow I shall share Snowpocalypse 2011 Round 2.
Here are the photos from last week.
There's a porch, sidewalk, and driveway there somewhere.
The back porch. Libby was not happy.
Our firepit, I'm sure we'll see it again...sometime.
Casey making Libby a happier puppy.
That's a drift...that's twice as big now.
Libby was glad he cleared her a path.
Mama...
Do you see that Mama?
Casey's muscle truck. He's so in love with it.
Scootin' right along....
Drivin' on by...
Wait? What happened?
Little guy couldn't make it up the hill without Casey's muscle truck.
And, then this guy pushed it...as if that was helping.
That's the sun there peeking through the pecan tree limb.
All bundled up to go out.
If you think that's a big pile of snow...
...wait until tomorrow's post.
Our feeble attempt at a snow man.
It made him happy anyway.
Mama and Gabe.
Oopsy-daisy. He had trouble navigating the snow.
That's the biggest snowball I could make with the powder we had.
And, there's Gabe throwing it...
We'll be out of school again tomorrow. I'll be cleaning and prepping for Gabe's birthday celebration. And, I'll be hoping and praying that roads are cleared well enough by Friday for my folks to be able to travel here without incident. Stay safe and stay warm everybody!
So the funny part about the picture with the caption of "Libby was glad he cleared her a path." Libby is pooping...lol--Casey
ReplyDelete