I can't really complain though. It's the first time he's been sick in over a year and it did only last two days. Monday I stayed home with him and he slept much of the day, and when he was awake he mostly just wanted to sit in my lap and cuddle. Everything he drank or ate came back up within five minutes. Because of that we allowed a lot more television time than normal in order to keep him in one place instead of puking on the carpet somewhere.
Around 8:30 in the evening he was begging for supper but just an hour before he'd had half a cup of water and puked it up after just a few minutes, so I was torn about whether to let him eat or not. I did in fact let him eat. I gave him a banana and a half cup of milk and then I prayed. I prayed for healing because it was just so sad watching him beg for food. And, he didn't throw up again. Tuesday Casey took off work and stayed with him and he didn't throw up at all, so by Wednesday he was back at daycare.
We were very glad to have Gabe back to normal and glad to be able to uncover the furniture. Two days on plastic tablecloths isn't exactly comfortable.
Here are some photos from his time at home.
Munching on some crackers.
Happy even when he's sick.
No comments:
Post a Comment