Proverbs 16:9

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
Galatians 5:25

"Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit."

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Two Years!

Happy 2nd Birthday, Gabe!


As most of you know, on Friday February 11th, Gabe turned 2 years old. It's now nearly two weeks later and I'm just getting around to blogging about it. The snow melted away, and back to the grind it was, which leaves very little time for blogging.

We began the day at one of our favorite downtown restaurants, Weeze's Cafe (which was closed today by the city of Bartlesville for failure to pay sales taxes in the neighborhood of $200,000....guess we won't be eating there again until they get things sorted out with the local and state municipalities). Casey took an early lunch and walked across the street from work to join us for the breakfast.


Gabe and I at Weeze's.


Usually we let Gabe eat our side biscuit and gravy but since it was his birthday and all I asked him what he wanted. And, of course he replied....


PANCAKES!


So, pancakes it was. After breakfast Gabe and I made a trip to the grocery store and then had a simple lunch at home. After the adult portion of pancakes he had for breakfast he wasn't very hungry anyway. He took a great nap and then that evening Papa, Grami, Uncle Daniel, and Bryson arrived in town to help us celebrate.


Bryson brought balloons.


Everybody gallup on your horse...
...even if you don't have one!


Saturday morning lounging.


Helping Papa put together Gabe's wheel barrow.


 Gabe did not receive any presents or eat any cake on his actual birthday. Is this a cardinal parent sin? Oh, and he had to be disciplined, big time, on his birthday. I really felt bad doing that. Twos are tough work.

The day after Gabe's birthday we had family and friends over to celebrate. It was a great time. I'll share more on that tomorrow though. Promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment