This post has LOTS of pictures. There were so many good ones I had a hard time filtering any out.
Sunday marked my third official Mother's Day as a mother. Every year celebrating this day just gets better and better. My approach to the day isn't so much about pampering myself as it is spending quality family time with my husband and son. I am lucky enough to be married to a guy that gets this. He planned a whole weekend of fun in Tulsa for all of us to enjoy.
Friday night we attended a Drillers game and then enjoyed fireworks after the game. The Drillers lost, but it was fireworks Friday so it wasn't a complete loss for us. :-) We purposefully purchased general tickets on the outfield lawn because we knew when Gabe caught sight of the playground there would be no way to keep him from going there without a fight. We visited the playground first and it was a madhouse. It's a very small play area considering the large size of crowds at any particular game. There was supposed to be a height limit, but apparently all the adolescent boys didn't bother to read the sign and there was no one there to enforce the rule. Gabe seemed to love the chaos and ran around screaming and playing. He was quite sad when we left to grab a seat on the lawn. We didn't stay long on the lawn though. On the opposite side of the field they have giant inflatables including a bouncy house. Unfortunately, you have to be three to play on the inflatables and it costs extra money. In the pictures you'll see him standing next to a ruler quite unhappily because he had just found out he wouldn't be allowed to play in the bouncy house.
We spent innings four through eight on the lawn in left-center field. At inning eight they kicked us off in preparation for the fireworks and we stole a couple of empty seats along the left field foul line. At first Gabe was terrified about the fireworks. So, I covered his ears and cuddled him close in my blanket. And, as he relaxed I noticed he was looking up watching the show. Any time my hands let loose of his ears though he voiced his displeasure to me. So, for the thirty minute fireworks show I had the privilege of holding Gabe close and snuggling. It was the exact moment I was hoping for in celebrating Mother's Day. The entire rest of the weekend could have been a total bust and I would still have thought it was awesome for that one moment.
"Close your eyes."
I love these boys. Just love 'em.
And is that some gorgeous natural lighting or what?
Shadows are not our friends.
Gabe and his mama for a great mother's day pic 2011.
And, I included this pic, double chin and all for this reason.
Click here. Read the story in italics below the photos.
Goofing around with daddy at the playground in the ballpark.
Fun in the bubble.
Kids Zone at Drillers Stadium.
VERY crowded on fireworks Fridays.
He ran and ran and ran squealing with delight.
Strangely, he spent almost as much time crawling under
the play structure as he did on the play structure.
"That's a lot of people Mama."
He was looking for "Bull" the Drillers mascot is a bull named Hornsby.
Baseball field!
Getting a better view over the right field wall.
ONEOK Field.
That's his "you're-a-jerk-because-I-can't-play-in-the-bouncy-house" face.
Gabe's first water fountain experience.
A view from our seats on the lawn in left-center field.
It was an absolutely beautiful night.
Why's he laughing you ask?
Because he's jumping on Daddy's stomach!
We had such an awesome time at the game. If you live near Tulsa I highly recommend a Friday night game. I wish I had pictures of him all snuggled up with me during the fireworks but I don't. I guess that memory will just be all mine forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment