Proverbs 16:9

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
Galatians 5:25

"Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit."

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Mother's Day Part 3 of 3

Mother's Day itself was quite uneventful. I really only requested one thing....an extended afternoon nap. In the morning we had cinnamon rolls for breakfast, and then headed to church where I had both coffee duty and nursery duty. For lunch, we enjoyed turkey sandwiches at home and then Gabe and I both had extended Sunday afternoon naps. It was glorious.

After nap I spent a couple of hours cleaning out the living room closet. We'll be having a yard sale soon and this closet was in dire need of attending to. In the two previous garage sales I didn't touch it, so the stuff was beginning to pile up.

For supper, Casey wanted me to pick somewhere out to eat, but I really had no desire to. I told him I was craving pasta, so we compromised and he picked up some Tuscani chicken alfredo pasta from Pizza Hut and we ate at home.

After some extended coercing, we got Gabe to pose for one nice mother/son Mother's Day picture. There were tears involved and some disciplining. It was a darn good thing I'd had two fabulous days prior to this one or I would have been one disappointed mama due to his behavior at the request of one picture.

Doesn't this read "I'm two and I do what I want?"


Awww....that's much better.


And, this turned out great.

Thanks Gabe for being such an awesome son. I am so beyond blessed to have you.

No comments:

Post a Comment