Proverbs 16:9

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
Galatians 5:25

"Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit."

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Yard Work

Last week we had some gorgeous spring days. We enjoyed plenty of grilling outdoors and on one particular evening I got the itch to work in the yard. You may remember that last spring we tackled our front flower bed. Well, this spring I'm going to go wildflower crazy in the back flower bed. The bed is in shade more than it is sun and I don't particularly feel like taking the time to overhaul it like we did the front bed. So I purchased a huge bag of wildflower seeds at Target for a $1 and I plan to scatter them willy-nilly and just see what happens. Considering my luck with flowers, because I'm not putting hours of prep and care into this project they'll probably bloom beautifully and grow all summer long.

For Gabe's birthday Grami and Papa bought him a toddler-sized wheel barrow. Being the slave driver I am I made him bring it out and load it up with pulled weeds and then he had to unload it into the trash bag. NOT. I'm no slave driver. Gabe was glad to help and begged to load up his wheel barrow. He was particularly fond of my gardening tools and carried them all over everywhere he went...one of which I have yet to recover from the backyard. Maybe I'll never find it. He's not smiling in any of the pictures because, well, this was work. He was using all his little strength could muster to lift the wheel barrow and get the weeds in the bag.


He figured out lifting pretty easily.


Lifting and pushing at the same time proved to be a little challenging.


Can you hear the grunt? "Unh!"


See that tool in his left hand?
It's the one that's still MIA.


Dumping the weeds like a big boy.




Okay, Mom...fill 'er up again.


And, then there was a little playtime afterwards.


I still don't have the bed completely cleared out. Maybe I'll get to accomplish that this week.

And, then I can scatter my wildflower seeds willy-nilly.

No comments:

Post a Comment