It wasn't all that long ago I thought he'd never learn to push the walker forwards around the living room.
Now he's picked up his bongo drum and switched the sound to Spanish and is carrying it around like a baby....
....ah...bay...say...day...ay...effay....something, something la musica!
Translation....a...b...c...d...e...something, something the music!
The drum Uncle Charlie gave him is creating lots of wrinkles in Gabe's brain right now...
...el-ay...em-may...en-nay...oh...pay...something, something la musica!
Translation....l...m...n...o...p....something, something the music!
Adios!
Translation...goodbye!
I am really in awe this evening of how fast my baby Gabe is growing up. Earlier this evening I helped him down the front porch step and he said, "Thank you!". His vocabulary is expanding so quickly. Even though he doesn't always get the sounds right, it's obvious, to me at least, just what he's saying.
He greets everyone he meets. And, if they are too rude to reply he greets the next person a little louder and a little louder until somebody finally takes pity on his soul and replies.
He can tell me when he'd like to eat or when he's thirsty.
He is able to squat and stand without support. He's picking up speed on his feet as each day passes.
He is growing so fast...too fast.
Then he goes and does something like this...
...and I remember how small he still is.
This is his daddy's shoebox.
God gave us an amazing gift when he made Gabe. I am so thankful He chose us to raise this precious soul. Even this evening, when he was hitting me and cutting up so hysterically I had to turn to keep from laughing at him...because it's not okay to hit...I am thankful for him.
And, now it must be bed time because he's laying on the floor very quietly.
My apologies for rambling.
It's hard to put into words how you feel about your baby becoming a boy.
I enjoyed your rambling. You made a great blog! All I kept thinking was "Awww!" You should tape Gabe bouncing to the beat on the walker b/c it sounds so cute and hilarious. (Kimberly 5th hr)
ReplyDelete