Wondering what this post's title is all about? I'll tell you what it's about. It's about Gabe and his obsession with the great outdoors.
Si-duh? Si-duh Mommy?!
Gabe can't say outside, but he can certainly ask to go outside. It comes out as si-duh. He doesn't say Mommy either, but in my head any time he asks a question I just pretend he ends it with a sweet "Mommy?". The child says please and thank you, love you, and a host of other words...what is so hard about Mommy for goodness sake?
Each day when I arrive home with him from daycare he begs to go si-duh. And, if I want to change out of my work clothes before we go outside he throws a rip roaring three year old tantrum (but wait---he's only fourteen months old). So, I head back to my room anyway and he toddles back also crying all the way...."si-duh? si-duh? sniffle, sniffle si-duh Mommy?".
And, I change my clothes and he knows when I get my shoes on it's really happening...we're really going outside. His face lights up with pure undeniable joy, he lets out a silly little giggle and si-duh we go.
We have a small Little Tikes slide for him to climb and play on and of course Libby's always running around begging for someone to throw anything for her. As of the past couple days Gabe's taken to sliding off the deep end of the deck for entertainment also. I have a coronary, he has a blast. Best to get used to it now right?
Tonight we spent some time at the pock (park) with Kicky (Nikki) and Gabe spent most of the time playing with the tiny rock pebbles on the ground, and at one point eating them. He was outside in a new place and was absolutely loving it. He went on the si-eed (slide) a few times, but was mostly concerned about the rocks.
We walked around the park a bit, and all too soon, it was bedtime for Gabe. So we said our goodbyes to Kicky (Nikki) and got in the car and left. Gabe fell asleep halfway home. He stayed asleep as I got him out of the car and laid him on his changing table. I pulled off his shoes and heard this funny little pitter patter of noise on the plastic of the changing table mattress. His shoes were filled with tiny pebbles from the park.
He slept through the diaper and jammies change. He was really needing a bath, but I didn't have the heart to wake him. There's always tomorrow for baths.
Especially since Daddy's on duty tomorrow!
And, for those of you who were looking forward to pictures this evening, there aren't any. But, don't despair...I have some fun ones planned for tomorrow evening!
No comments:
Post a Comment