Proverbs 16:9

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
Galatians 5:25

"Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit."

Monday, April 19, 2010

The Before: Front Flowerbed Edition

On this amazingly gorgeous day, Casey and I spent the majority of the afternoon and evening working on our front flowerbed.

We cleaned out weeds, rocks, lots of rocks. Did I mention rocks? We fixed the downspout to drain out and away from the house instead of back into it. We raked the dirt to even it out throughout the bed. We picked up more rocks. We traveled to our favorite local home improvement store, Lowe's....if you haven't been lately...go, spend money....go, now. We purchased several (20 to be exact) bags of top soil (I talked Casey down from 40). Then, we came back home picked out more rocks, raked the bed over again, and then just past dark we called it a night....without having put in the top soil.

On tomorrow's agenda, we have putting in the top soil and planting! My mom suggested knock me downs and waverlys for hardy, but pretty flowers. Casey said something about Christmas grass. And, while we were at Lowe's I noticed six packs of annuals for 89 cents a pack. They were small and colorful, possibly impatience.

Just kidding! I do have a teeny tiny bit more of a green thumb than that. Mom actually suggested knock outs and waves. Casey was speaking of ornamental grass. And, I'm fairly confident the six pack annuals are actually called impatiens.

Although, once in a frenzy of ridding a front flowerbed (located at one of the houses we rented before purchasing our current home) of some insanely overgrown "weeds" I tore out each and every four o'clock carefully planted over decades of years. Whoops. 'A' for effort, right?

Anyhooooo.....on to the pictures. I couldn't find a solitary photo with the shrubbery I cut out and previously posted about. But, I did take some photos this evening of our naked pre-flowered bed. And, some of Gabe too.


Look at my hunk of a man workin' up a sweat.



It's not much now...but just you wait.



Get to work little man!



But Mom, I'm too cute for work....
....Okay, little man. Just be cute, you don't have to work.


If you have a green thumb, or even if you don't, but you have an eye for design, and know what might look good in my pretty little front flower bed....then COMMENT!!!

I need serious help.

2 comments:

  1. Well this is Daniel so that you know. I don't know crap about flowers but the thing Gabe is holding on to looks like it could use an upgrade as well. It is all about curb apeal and if you are doing the flower bed might as well do the thing Gabe is holding onto as well. And maybe even an updated front porch light to match the new mail box. Just a few suggestions to up your CURB APPEAL. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Daniel...I too watch HGTV and am aware of "curb appeal". Good suggestion about the decorative iron. It is on the agenda for an enhancement.

    Also, just last summer we put up that front porch light! I adore it. It will not be getting an update.

    ReplyDelete