Balls of any kind, soccer....basketball....baseball.....are now referred to as "circle" balls. He has learned circle at daycare and uses it on all things circular.
One of his favorite and therefore most repeated phrases is "Shut the door." Why? I have no idea. Sometimes there's actually a door to be shut and other times he just says it for fun.
He's super attached to "Bull" (his stuffed longhorn from Uncle Daniel). Each morning I have to forcefully remove the bull from the clutches of his fists. Then, Gabe gets a kiss from Bull and Bull gets tucked in bed where he stays all day long and then as soon as Gabe's home he runs into his room to yank him out of the crib.
And, yes, Dr. McQ (Gabe's pediatrician)....Gabe is still sleeping in a crib.
Gabe wants to do everything by himself, but can hardly manage doing anything by himself. Which poses a unique challenge for us. His autonomy is definitely a work in progress.
His attention span is getting longer and longer. He sits through fairly long story books, like those by Dr. Seuss, or the longer versions of Curious George stories.
He loves the book "Love You Forever". The only time he'll let me hold him like a baby and rock him is when I'm reading that book. Therefore, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the book "Love You Forever", even if it has a terribly bittersweet ending.
Today when I had to discipline him for throwing a tantrum while I was trying to do bank business when he apologized he said, "Sorry Daddy." Apparently, Daddy's been doing more of the physical disciplining than I have. It's funny now. It wasn't a few hours ago.
As always, there are ups and downs with Gabe, but mostly it's a whole lot of fun.
On to the pictures now....
Bryson doing some heavy lifting.
Bryson attempts to enlist Gabe's help.
Didn't quite work out....
That's one happy boy.
Dance, dance!
Taking a break.
Playing King of the Wood Pile.
Bryson still working away.
The brush was awfully thick.
Now what do I do with it?
Both trucks, for perspective's sake.
Truck Number 2.
It was a long day of work, but I'm definitely looking forward to a toasty Thanksgiving break next week at Mom and Dad's!
Yes it was quite a bit of wood too bad it prolly won't last all winter. The only thing is it still all needs to be cut into smaller pieces and split so maybe when u come up we can have a splitting party and I will inlist some help from ROSCO since I helped them cut and split wood for kevins for prolly all winter. This is Daniel incase u didn't already no.
ReplyDelete