Proverbs 16:9

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
Galatians 5:25

"Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit."

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Weekend in Kansas Part 1 - The Pumpkin Patch


A few weeks ago Gabe and Bryson's awesome parents let Bryson and I come 1/2 way to B'ville and kidnap Gabe. On Saturday we went to Schaake's Pumpkin Patch in Lawrence.

Headed to the Patch!

The boys got busy right away looking for just the right pumpkin.
How about this one?!

Papa said I picked a good one!

Everyone knows what this means..."Airplane!"

Sittin' and waitin' on the tractor and wagon to come back by.

Gabe, Papa, Bryson, Great Grandma, and ...
a pumpkin patch that goes forever!

The pumpkin patch has awesome playground equipment,
one brand new one this year, 
a pumpkin launcher, a big bale maze, wagon rides, bunches of photo op places,
 and lots of animals.

Great Grandma found some corn for me to feed the chickens. She said they like corn and she knows all about chickens.


The next picture is totally unrelated to our family but OH SO CUTE!

It was really sunny and the pumpkin leaf made a perfect hat.
P.S. I asked the father's permission to take this photo. Just in case you're thinking Gabe's Grami is a creeper.

The famous...How tall this fall?
2010 Edition
 I wish I had last year's picture to put side by side.
(Now we do! See below!)
 Looks like Gabe is catching up to Bryson.

How tall this fall?
2009 Edition

This is as close to a pose as we got.

Good smile from Papa and Great Grandma.

Thank you Schaake's Pumpkin Patch for creating a family fun place to bring our grandkids every year.
And a big thank you to Amy, Jerad, Julie, and Casey for letting us take them to the patch.
What good memories for years to come!

Part 2 - Picnic Lunch and a Playground Sneak Peek

What are you guys looking at...?

1 comment:

  1. Love the first group photo! And, I think it should be noted that the How Tall This Fall is a little off in measurements....at Gabe's 18 month check up he was 33 3/4" tall. So, unless he's shrunk....there's a problem with the sign. Oh, and I do believe I have last year's picture. So, tonight I'll put it in.

    ReplyDelete