Some years I feel like I don't have much to offer at Christmas time because the budget is so tight. This year especially since I had stopped working and hadn't picked up many daycare kids yet. But, when I look back over these photos I think "what a foolish woman you are!". First of all, the kids had more presents than they even knew what to do with, but more importantly, these photos are filled with family that is alive and well, and full of love. Too often I get trapped by Christmas consumerism. Hopefully as I age, it will be easier to stray from that. We may have purchased second hand items for our boys, but they were no less filled with joy because of it. And, I got to spend a few beautiful, priceless months just enjoying my boys at home before I started watching other children in my home.
On to the photos...
Fruit snacks!
A stocking must.
Boomer sooner!
Just like daddy.
Really enjoyed the tool set.
Amy, Jerad and Bryson putting together a giant lego city there in the background.
Mom, can I go wreck it?
Well, if you could crawl...which you can't (at the time...he crawls now).
Hey.
Yes?
That green string...can I have it?
AWESOME!
A family that eats together...stays together.
Wait. That's not how it goes. ;-)
Score! Buzz Lightyear sleeping bag from Grami!
He is sleeping in this every night while we're in transition here.
Gabe, anybody seen Gabe?
Slippers! Very handy for the cold floors.
Boots from Uncle Daniel, Aunt Kaci, and Uncle Charlie.
They took 'em back and got a different pair though.
He enjoyed a couple of solid months with this desk.
He loves how it makes him like a big boy.
This rug from Aunt Amy also got a lot of action before we loaded our belongings in storage.
I'm sure he'll be happy to see it again once we've moved on to our own place.
Now I can rest peacefully knowing I have chronicled our 2012 Christmas. Hope you enjoyed the posts.




















No comments:
Post a Comment