Proverbs 16:9

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
Galatians 5:25

"Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit."

Friday, April 19, 2013

Transition Norms

While we are in transition between homes, there are some new norms we've become accustomed to.

The boys have a plethora of new (to them) toys to play with.

A few examples....

Blood pressure cuff.

Plastic bowls/hats.

Thirty year old hand brooms.
 
The coveted orange pistol.
 
Barrett is testing his boundaries. All. The. Time.

Standing in his high chair.
And, for his efforts he now gets strapped in.
I never used the straps on Gabe. No need to.
 
He drives this boat like he's in a race.


Anywhere the boys are, you can find Zola, my brother's boxer...looking to chew on something.

 
There's plenty of time for building blanket forts with their cousin.

Can you spot the baby infiltrating the fort?


Every day is a good day to line up a zillion chairs to make a train.



We are fortunate to have the luxury of my parents' house while we're in between homes. Some days are crazier than others, but years from now I will probably look back on these months here and cherish the time we had together. I am learning to accept that wherever my family is, that is my home. As we near the closing date on our Oklahoma home I am feeling those emotional attachments to it creep to the surface. I will be glad to move my family on to our next home and begin making memories there, but in the meantime I will enjoy the memories we're making here.

No comments:

Post a Comment