We kicked off the Christmas season with a ride on The Christmas Train. This is an annual event hosted by Church on the Move and Dry Gulch USA. They fire up their train and open the park for the month of December. The night we went was blistery cold and wet. I didn't realize until we got to the park (about an hour and twenty minute drive from Bartlesville) that I had left Barrett's jacket at home. So, I used Casey's fleece jacket and wore it around both of us. It worked out quite well, and there were plenty of comments about the cute baby sticking out of my jacket as we walked around.
You have to purchase tickets in advance to ride the train. There are a limited number of tickets available for the season. They always sell out. This year they sold out in 12 hours. Casey purchased them at midnight, the moment they opened. I am so glad too. We had an awesome time. Along the ride there are gigantic billboards with scenes from the Bible, from creation all the way up to the point of Jesus's rising on the third day after being hung on the cross. Over the intercom, a narrator tells the stories.
After the ride, we had supper at a BBQ joint inside the park. We left directly after as a downpour began. We had just enough time to ride the train, eat, and get back out to the van. I would love to be there again in good weather so Gabe can play on the park, or ride some of the rides.
Waiting excitedly for our turn on the train.
What a cute baby head.
A view of the engine.
A view of the cars.
They're completely enclosed, so at least the ride was warm.
Dinner time!
Gabe went for the chicken strips.
The restaraunt we ate at inside the park.
It was delicious. I had ribs.
And, you can't leave without getting a bag of old fashioned taffy first!
I would love to ride The Christmas Train again. We may just have to make it an annual Oklahoma tradition.













No comments:
Post a Comment