Proverbs 16:9

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
Galatians 5:25

"Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit."

Friday, August 14, 2015

Colorado Vacation Day Four

Moving on to Day Four...the best day ever in Gabe's opinion. (He had a lot of those on this trip!)

On this morning the biological clock that manages my bladder told me to rise about 5:45, as it does every morning. After having my best night of rest yet, I answered the call to the bathhouse and when I returned I got my Bible and my phone to capture the gorgeous sunrise. Capture, I did. 




It was so peaceful and I read a good word in Exodus regarding God’s faithfulness to his people after saving them from the Egyptians yet again. It was a good reminder to me that it’s impossible to see what God has for our future, but we can trust no matter how it may look, He will always be faithful to save his people. His love is a redeeming love and that theme is displayed time and time again throughout the stories told in the Bible.

Just after the sun peaked over the mountains Casey's bladder brought him outside and he brought Ellie with him. So she and I sat watching the beauty while he made the 1/4 mile trek to the bathhouse. I'm not exaggerating. I watched the odometer on one of the many trips in the van to the bathhouse.

She was delighted to be up and out with Mommy.

But it's Daddy that she really loves.

At 8:00 we walked down to the horse barn and made a reservation for Gabe and I to go on a one hour trail ride around Winding River Resort. Gabe was asking every five minutes if it was time to go back yet. Finally, 10:30 rolled around and it was time to go. He strapped on a riding helmet, they hoisted him up on a horse named Shiloh, and we were off. I rode Jewel, a pretty white horse with a bit of sass.

Most of the horses were very friendly.

Waiting patiently for our horse assignments.

Gabe getting a leg up on Shiloh.



Shiloh just wandered around the corral and Gabe felt very comfortable.



There I am in the back with Jewel and my weird face. 
Thanks for the heads up, Casey!

Right off the bat we crossed the river, the horses bellies got wet, so the water wasn’t too deep, but deep enough for fun. About twenty minutes in we made a cut back on the trail toward the horse barn and Gabe says, “Mom, can we do the two hour ride?” He thought our ride was ending already and was a little disappointed. As soon as we turned back away from the direction of the horse barn he was good again.

He made good conversation with our trail guide, Ellis, the whole ride. We crossed the river a second time, and about 45 minutes in he was asking if we were almost done. I know he was loving it, but I think he got a little bored at one point. The one hour ride was a perfect choice for us. We wound around the south end of the resort we’re camping at and it was a beautiful look at the mountains and river.

After we got back to the horse barn, Casey was nowhere to be found, so we took off on foot. Gabe mentioned his sore legs, and I was feeling it as well. Another sign the one hour ride was a good choice. As we walked back toward the campsite, Gabe came up next to me and squeezed my side and told me, “This was the best day ever! When can we go again?” Well worth the price of the ride. An unforgettable experience for sure.


Later that day we napped a good long nap. Charlie grilled up chicken and steak fajita meat that evening and we feasted together at mom and dad’s camper. Following supper it was bath and bed for everybody. Gabe and Barrett have been showering and I’ve been washing Ellie in the bathroom sink.

And that wraps up another awesome day of our vacation! Days five to eight still to come!

1 comment:

  1. When can we expect days 5-8? I was really enjoying the daily vacation recap!

    ReplyDelete