Proverbs 16:9

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
Galatians 5:25

"Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit."

Saturday, August 22, 2015

Colorado Vacation Day Six Part One

Day Six...my favorite day of the entire trip. Warning...photo explosion here. So many that I'm breaking Day Six into a few posts.

Today started off with a knock on the camper door at about 5:40 am. It was Charlie wanting to borrow the van for the trip to the bathhouse, we’re about a quarter of a mile to either bathhouse on the east or west end of the camping resort. It’s a very chilly walk in the morning at only 40-43 degrees on average. I went ahead and got up and around knowing we had a lot to pack for our day in The Park.

Just after 7, we were on the road Trail Ridge bound. Driving into Rocky Mountain National Park (RMNP) the views were astounding. Around every bend, curve, switchback in the road you could hear me saying something to the effect of, “This is so beautiful. Incredible. Amazing. It’s just amazing. Incredible. Beautiful. Look at that! Just amazing.”….so you get the idea. Poor Casey was driving and enjoyed the views, but probably not to the extent I was able to.

Looking back over the photos, I can see the beauty...but they just don't do it justice. I can't wait to go back again to see the views in person. If you've never been, I hope some day you can too.


Dad and Mom rode their bikes across Trail Ridge Road.






We made our first stop at a campground to ask a ranger for maps. He got us all maps, gave us some good info on hikes friendly for kids and we were off again.

Our next stop was at the continental divide. We walked down to the gorgeous, clear lake for some family photos. Gabe and Barrett were just loving it. So was I.





Just look at that scenery.
It looks like they're standing in front of a poster wall.

The kids were so happy. 
I didn't have to threaten anyone to smile for me.
Yes, sometimes I do that.




He is so handsome.

Then the incredible, and I mean incredible, like I really can’t describe or even display it in a photo, incredible drive continued.


About here we realized we were above tree line, 
so high up there isn't enough oxygen for trees to grow.
The wows and oh wows continued.



Do you see Mom not looking at the road?
Yeah, me too...like the whole drive. 



Elk!

The boys looking at the elk herd. 
Giggles, sheer joy, pure little boy wonder giggles.



Don't miss the elk here!
Beautiful, big creatures.




Incredible panoramic views everywhere you looked. Approximately halfway across Trail Ridge Road we stopped so the kids could attend Junior Ranger school. Find out all about that in the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment