Proverbs 16:9

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
Galatians 5:25

"Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit."

Thursday, August 13, 2015

Colorado Vacation Day Two

I logged my thoughts daily while we were in Colorado. Apparently Day Two was a rough one. It's funny reading back over it now two weeks later, because I don't remember it being so rough those first couple of days. The photo count for the day also shows it was a rough one. I took a lot more pictures by day 3 and then through the rest of vacation once I had some sinus meds in me and some rest. My brain has done a good job forgetting the not so good moments and cementing in the AWESOME moments!


Barrett was the first to wake, besides myself. And once he was awake and talking the other kids followed suit. Ellie was not a happy camper at all. I fed her a yogurt and cheerios and she perked up a little. It was light outside, but the sun had not crested the mountain tops yet. I had to go to the bathroom, but had zero idea of where our camp spot was in relation to a bathhouse. So, I just got in the van and started driving down a road. I found one at the east end of our campground, near the entrance. Took care of business and when I came out of the bathroom the sun was shining gorgeous over the mountain tops. So I snapped a selfie, that I couldn’t post (not that I would have) because there is no service here. I can’t text or call or access the Internet. I feel like I’m in detox. I’m slowly getting used to just leaving my phone wherever, because it’s useless anyway.

Gorgeous sunrise.

Well, I definitely looked as rough as I felt.

Ellie enjoying some cheerios.

Some of the views from our campground.

God's beauty all around.

Back at the camper, we got everyone dressed and then sometime around 9 am I went back to bed because I felt awful. The kids went with mom and dad down to the petting zoo.

At the petting zoo they saw donkeys, goats, ponies, pigs, sheep, {I just asked Gabe what he saw at the petting zoo and he told me, “Piglets, or porklets…some people call them porklets.”}, chickens, cows, and rabbits. Then, mom walked them down to the river and they splashed around in their bare feet feeling the very cold waters.


Well, some of us had service apparently.

After walk nap in the stroller.
She took a lot of naps in the stroller.

The boys had Lucky Charms at the neighbor’s place for lunch and I had a sandwich. I don’t think Casey ate lunch that day. We were all just tired and cranky. We put Ellie down for a nap and then we decided the boys should just nap too, which turned in to the whole family napping. I wanted to wake up refreshed and rested…but I didn’t. I never really did come around that day to feeling better.

Jerad slaved all day smoking a pork butt or something like that, for supper, along with fried taters and pork n beans straight from the can. Shortly after supper we made our way back to the camper and I ended up passed out in bed, again. Casey bathed the boys, somebody got Ellie in bed, and then finally, everyone was down for the night.

The posts get more exciting starting Day 3. Promise! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment