Proverbs 16:9

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
Galatians 5:25

"Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit."

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A Birthday Fishing Trip

Want to hear something really strange? Casey, my husband, Casey...is turning THIRTY tomorrow! Thirty?! It doesn't really seem any different from the day he turned 26, but when I think about the number 30 it just seems strange. I don't think of thirty as being old, but well, it is. Not old and on the way out kind of old, but old as in if you weren't responsible about life before this point it's time to get there now. I'm not saying Casey isn't living life responsibly. He's been living responsibly for a while now and only getting more responsible with each passing day. He's an amazing husband and an awesome dad. He works hard for his family and wants the best for us.

So, all of that rambling to say....yesterday we began the birthday celebrating festivities with a fishing trip to a local lake. It's been about a year since we'd been fishing as a family and I knew Casey and Gabe would enjoy the trip. The weather was gorgeous (almost a little chilly) and both boys had a great time and I got some fabulous photos. A lot of fabulous photos.

Gabe spent most of the time eating. We took some lunchables out with us for supper. When those were finished off Gabe helped himself to some Chex mix. He "accidentally" dropped some over the side of the dock. He would say "bye-bye snack" as the chex floated away. And, speaking of the dock he thought it was a boat. I tried to correct him, but it was useless. He was very interested in the worms and the poles and thankfully we didn't lose any poles overboard with his zeal for "casting" and "reeling". When Casey caught the first fish Gabe asked to kiss it but, when presented with the fish up close and personal he took it back. There would be no kissing the fish. And, truthfully I preferred it that way.

I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. There are quite a few to share. I'll share the video from the fishing trip sometime soon.

The Birthday Boy


Baitin' the hook.


"Casting"



...and "Reeling"


 Snack time.


 Quality Time


Love these boys.


Airplane distraction...and more snacking.


Libby being a good girl.


I'm too cute to throw back...


And, I'm too tired to upload the rest of the photos tonight. So, tune in tomorrow for the actual catching of the fish. You won't want to miss out!

1 comment:

  1. Jon is just waiting for the day Isaiah can fish. Happy Birthday Casey.

    ReplyDelete