Proverbs 16:9

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
Galatians 5:25

"Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit."

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Wanna-Be-Betty-Homemaker

Almost a year ago now, I purchased a cookbook from my blogging hero, Pioneer Woman. This past weekend I was feeling very domestic and made plans to make her homemade cinnamon rolls and her meatloaf. All I got to was the meatloaf.

And, I've got mad love for PW (so Ree, if you're reading this, I'm very sorry), but the meatloaf was TERRIBLE! Like, I had trouble swallowing terrible! Casey was very kind and said it wasn't all that bad and even ate leftovers for lunch the next day. All I could think after I tasted it was what a waste of two pounds of ground beef and a half pound of bacon!

So, instead of sharing the recipe, I'll just share the photos of what I anticipated to be delicious meat heaven but turned out to be some evil form of purgatory. And, of course they do include some pictures of your most favorite little person.

It started with some promising ingredients...


It even looked good all wrapped up ready to bake.


And, looked even better after being baked.


Gabe wasn't quite a fan either.


He dug into the barbecue sauce though!


He's a big fan of anything used for dipping.


His fingers are most often the "dippers."


Mm-Mm-Mm-Mm-Mm!


Finger lickin' good sauce!


I'm looking forward to making the cinnamon rolls sometime soon. I am going to make an adjustment to her frosting recipe though. Her recipe calls for a strong cup of coffee, but I'm not into coffee-flavored icing.

I'll let you know how it turns out.

3 comments:

  1. I make my meatloaf with Turkey, I think its better. I aslo just add a package of stuffing to it, then put it in muffins tins. Jon likes the mini meatloafs better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate feeling like I've wasted food (= money). Too bad! Looks very tasty.

    When did Gabe start using a plate? What a big boy. My guys would toss that on the ground and laugh! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bryson read your blog with me tonight and he asked at every picture, "Mommy where is Bryson?". "I don't know honey, this isn't Mommy's blog it is Aunt Julie's."

    ReplyDelete