Proverbs 16:9

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
Galatians 5:25

"Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit."

Sunday, September 26, 2010

A Trip to Owasso

Earlier in the week we traveled about 35 miles south to the grand town of Owasso. If Owasso had a Sam's Club we would seriously never have a need to travel to Tulsa. It's grown rapidly in the time I've lived here in Oklahoma, and it has all the stores I regularly shop at, except for Sam's club. The traffic is light, the stores are closer together, and I feel safer there than in Tulsa. They have amazing parks for both sports and recreation.

Our first stop was to the Just Between Friends Sale. This is a HUGE community consignment sale where I can purchase very nice, but lightly used, clothing, toys, and books for Gabe. I went to the first sale when Gabe was just a month old and we bought him an infant swing, lots of clothes and shoes, and interactive infant toys. At the second sale he got a Little Tykes convertible and more great clothes. There is a lot to look through, and just like at shopping garage sales there are gems and trash. There's supposed to be a rule about how old the clothes are, but I think some people push that rule a little. And, some of the toys are dirty and/or broken. But, there's so much stuff that I always find some good items worth the trip and the searching through the stuff.

Here's what I got at our most recent trip this week.


Those Gap khakis are brand new with the tags on!
And, that adorable Gap khaki/plaid jacket...just $5!

That bus and most of the books
will be Christmas presents this year.


After the sale we had dinner at IHOP. Gabe was the only one that really walked away happy from that meal. Pancakes are his favorite.

As a matter of fact, today I reheated some Kraft Taco Bake (which was delicious by the way...you can find the recipe at http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/taco-bake-63779.aspx). He gobbled it up yesterday, but today when I set the plate in front of him he cried out in disgust and attempted to take the plate off his tray. Fortunately, for me, I was standing there as he went to drop it off the side and I took it from him. I asked him what was wrong...and he plainly, and a little bit angrily, replied, "PANCAKE!"

Now, normally I would stand my ground and he would eat the Taco Bake, or not eat at all, but today I must have been feeling generous because I took the plate back to the kitchen and popped him a waffle in the toaster. Even Casey commented about my surprising response with the food situation. I gave hiim the waffle and he gladly accepted and gobbled it up.

Back to Owasso....following our less than good dinner at IHOP, we stopped at the huge, fantastic park on the way home. It's called Funtastic Island, and I had planned to get the pictures from Casey's phone on here but for some reason it won't accept his phone to download the photos. So, instead I have a link for you to go to where you can read about the park and see a picture. Just click here. The picture that they have though, doesn't really do the park justice. It's about seven times larger than the portion shown in the picture.

Gabe absolutely loved it. He screamed and cried when we had to leave. I felt terrible, but it was late and really time to get home. We will definitely have to return when we have more time to spend there. The entire park is accessible via a ramp system, so there are no scary stairs for little ones to have to climb to get to the slides. And, all of the slides are big enough for Casey to go down them.

If you live in the area and have kids you've got to visit this park on 116th Street in Owasso. It's about a mile west of German Corner coming from Owasso, or about three miles east of Hwy 75.



 Gabe was just a little happier than this at the park.

Coming up this week I've got photos from a 5K we watched Saturday and another Pioneer Woman recipe I tried out. It's going to be busy, so I can't promise they'll be right away, but I'll try my best!

No comments:

Post a Comment