Proverbs 16:9

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
Galatians 5:25

"Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit."

Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day Weekend 2010

What a fabulous Labor Day weekend it was. After work Friday we headed straight north to my parents' house. Gabe was so good on the long trip up. He's too old now to be lulled to sleep by the hum of the tires if he's already had a good nap for the day, so we were glad he was so happy to be awake and in the car for three hours non-stop.

Some of the highlights from the weekend included another haircut for Gabe, fish fry and fireworks show, compliments of my dad's brother and his family, a refurbished chair project (which is still in progress), tomato, pepper, and pear picking (we were planning to make salsa, but simply ran out of time).

We arrived back in the 'Ville late last night and Casey returned to work today, while Gabe and I enjoyed the day off together. I would say we wished Casey were here to spend the day with us, but quite honestly we're very glad and thankful he has a job to go to!

Here are some photos from our trip.


Apparently, it's still a painful process.



Unless he gets a sucker.



Then, it's not so bad.



I love my son.
But, this is the ugliest cheese I've ever seen.
So ugly it's cute.



Boat!



Much better seat for boat spotting.



Morning. + Sun. + Lake. + Huge deck. =
Beautiful start to the day. 


Nope I was wrong.
This is the ugliest.
I still love it though.


Hey! We want in!
We can smell breakfast!


Back to work tomorrow. Looking forward to this four day work week! 


No comments:

Post a Comment