Proverbs 16:9

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
Galatians 5:25

"Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit."

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

1 Day to One Year

Well, technically two hours to One Year. Wowsers. I have to say though, I'm pretty relaxed about the whole thing. The house is clean and ready for company. I just came home from a two day trip. I'm just glad to be alive and celebrating the first year of my first child. Life's too short to wish yesterday were still here. That almost sounds like an oxymoron, but you get what I'm saying right?

Here is the final photo of my looking back series.

11 months old

Gabe was able to experience not one, not two, but three horrendous winter storms during this month. Casey has driven in enough winter storms to last him the next thirty years.

Gabe's personality was really shining through. We were noticing more and more his love for music. He was cracking up at everything. Oh, I love that giggle of his. And, he's so smart! I know, I know....everyone says that about their kids. And, maybe it isn't that he's super smart, but goodness the way his brain is processing complex things these days is just amazing to me.

Gabe's also adding new words all the time. They don't often come out just right, but you can definitely tell that he is trying to mimick what you say. Some recent ones he's tried out include pull and shirt. They sound like puh and urt.

And, just in time for his first birthday, this evening I watched Gabe take two steps completely of his own accord. It appears that he's finally interested in this phenomenon called walking!

Eleven months old and a world of exploring before him.

No comments:

Post a Comment