Proverbs 16:9

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
Galatians 5:25

"Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit."

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

9 Days to One Year

I've just put Gabe down for the evening. Casey is still at work and I'm enjoying some American Idol auditions. Well, except for Mario's (and that's a triple tongue roll on the 'R' in Marrrrrrrio)...heh-heh....haha....he-ha-he....hu-hu-hu....ha-ha-ha. Sorry, you've got to see tonight's show to get that last sentence....uh-heh-heh. Couldn't stop myself.

3 months old

OH MY! Look at those HUGE feet! And, that round chubby face really wanted to smile, but he was having some kind of contest to see if he could contain it while the camera was out. He won.

Between his second and third month of life there were many milestones. Gabe celebrated his first Easter. He was smiling and giggling like crazy by the three month mark and he was beginning to coo the sweetest little sounds. I loved to hear his gibberish.

He was also really enjoying his rainforest jumper (thanks for the loan Aunt Amy!). He was so comfortable in that thing he would jump himself to sleep. I have many videos of him bouncing that jumper like crazy.

He also spent a day in the pressbox at the softball fields with Mommy while she worked a tournament for some younger teams. He did pretty well, except for the part where he peed and puked on one of the girls. Poor thing---the girl, not Gabe. He napped in his pack 'n play, and every time the girls came stomping up the stairs I thought, oh, wonderful....there goes his nap....but he actually slept through it!

We also dedicated him to the Lord during this month in front of our congregation at First Wesleyan and all of our family members. It was a really big moment in our lives. Of course Gabe won't remember it and it's not a baptism. When Gabe is old enough to decide to follow Jesus then he will be baptized. The service is really about what we will do as parents to raise our child up in the Lord. Before he was born, Casey and I had many, many nights of conversations surrounding this topic. We have led incredibly blessed lives, and we really want the same for our son. We want him to love God, do God's will, and love people with a servant's heart. He's not even one yet, but each night I put him to bed we pray and I tell him...I love you and God loves you. Hopefully as he ages and gains understanding he will know this to be true also.

Three months old and living life gleefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment