Proverbs 16:9

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
Galatians 5:25

"Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit."

Friday, February 5, 2010

6 Days to One Year

You know how for some kids being dropped off at daycare is like the most traumatic experience they've ever had to endure? You know what I'm talking about. Mom walks child in, Mom attempts to leave, child screams bloody murder, Mom actually leaves, and child screams bloody murder for like the next 30 minutes. Well, little Gabe-a-roo has the opposite problem. Mom arrives at daycare after a long day at work, child sees Mom says Daddy, Daddy and crawls as fast as humanly possible in the other direction, Mom chases and picks up child to put his jacket on, and child screams bloody murder. Every day. On the one hand, I wish he was excited to see me when I arrive to pick him up. On the other hand, I am really, really glad he so enjoys where he is for daycare.

Is this what raising a teenager is like?

Okay, on to the picture.....

6 months old

At six months, we had a very happy, healthy baby. Well, we've had a very happy, healthy baby from the beginning....but, I remember at six months really feeling like we crossed a threshhold into the most fun stage of Gabe's babyhood. He was so active and interactive.

Gabe went on his first vacation around this time. We traveled by 15 passenger van with my parents, my sister, and her son to New Orleans, LA. It was a loooooooong drive, but the 22 month old and 6 month old did pretty well considering they had to be strapped in their carseats for such a long time. Gabe also took his first swim in a pool and then the ocean. We don't mess around here. He began crawling and crawling very well. Around this time my summer break was coming to a close, and I was wishing it wasn't!

Six months old and more entertaining than television....as in like there's not even a comparison....he was/is that entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment