We endured a one hour wait so we could enjoy dinner at Texas Roadhouse and it was so totally worth it. If you've never tried their green beans, do it next time. They taste just like the way your grandma, or great grandma would have made them....with onions and lots of bacon.
Then we hit a couple of stores and scored on some shoes for Gabe and his cousin Bryson and some clearance books at Barnes and Noble.
And, then my hunk-a hunk-a burnin' love played the role of Good Samaritan and helped a couple load a wrecked car onto one of those car trailers that just pick up the front two wheels. The name is escaping me right now, but it's like those trailers you see pulling cars behind motor homes. The back wheels are actually on the ground. Casey and the young man just didn't have the muscle to get the car pushed up on the ramp, so I stepped in to help and boy did I ever.
The woman was in the car we were pushing and was supposed to hit the brakes when the front two tires got to the top of the ramp. Weeeellll.....she didn't. We pushed that car right over the ramp and high centered it on the trailer. I'm really not making this up. And, they really couldn't get it up on the trailer until I helped.
Casey and the other guy tried to jack the wrecked car up off the trailer, but their jacks weren't big enough. So, at this point it was 10:30 and Casey decided he had to give up. And, because the car's weight was resting fully on the nose of the trailer, they couldn't get it off the truck so the couple could at least leave and come back later. We went ahead and left. I felt really bad, but there wasn't anything more we could do to help.
So, couple, if you're out there and you ever read this. We're sorry. And, I've vowed to stop working out so I don't create such a problem in the future with my bigger than life muscles. Bah-ha-ha-ha!
Short story, long...we got home at 11:30 and went to bed at midnight. Thanks to a nap on the way down to Tulsa Gabe actually stayed awake all the way home and was super wound up even at midnight, so we just put him in his crib and went to bed. He woke up this morning at 9:30 (Thanks Gabe.) and then took a three and a half hour nap this afternoon. Woohoo!
Here are a few photos of bathtime I snapped just this evening.
Hiding a great smile.
Gabe, don't push that button!
Sucking the juices out (aka nasty bathwater).
Gabe really enjoys his bath time. And, to think when he was a tiny infant I thought this day would never arrive!
No comments:
Post a Comment