Proverbs 16:9

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
Galatians 5:25

"Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit."

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

2 Days to One Year

Safely back home! Tuesday and Wednesday I attended our state's technology education conference. Most of the sessions I attended presented new and very creative ways to teach students today using technology.

Some of my favorite websites they shared with us include http://www.aviary.com/ (free photoshop site), http://www.exploratree.com/ (awesome tool for creating graphic organizers), http://www.letterpop.com/ (for creating professional and/or fun newsletters), http://nces.ed.gov/nceskids/createagraph (A tool with a tutorial to input data and create just the right kind of graph to communicate information visually.) and animoto.com/education (upload your pictures and add text and music, tell animoto to produce and voila! you have a professional looking video montage with none of the hard work! Unfortunately, setting up an account does cost a little money for the average joe, but if you are an educator you can apply for a free account and they'll give you a six month trial account which you can just renew at the end of the trial. Say goodbye to the old-fashioned PowerPoint presentations and let your students put together a video montage to present instead! )

I highly recommend the conference to any teacher regardless of grade level or subject area and to librarians and tech directors. They do an awesome job of presenting items teachers can begin using right away and usually are free to access online.

But, you don't read my blog to hear about cool websites...you read my blog for updates on this guy....



10 months old

Christmas time! Gabe spent a lot of quality time with Mommy around Christmas. The week before I was to go on break Gabe had the stomach flu and after three days of puking and refusing to eat I took him to the doctor. Two days later I had him back at the doctor's office because he had picked up pink eye somewhere, most likely at the doctor's office two days earlier. Fortunately he was able to heal everything up by Christmas and we enjoyed a wonderful time with my family and Casey's family opening gifts and eating good food. Then, the week I was to return to work somehow I contracted pink eye and so Gabe stayed at home with me that week partly because of "snow" days used due to extreme cold and the other days I stayed home on sick leave. Finally after a 28 day break (between Gabe's sickness, Christmas break, snow days, and my sickness it really added up) I returned back to work.

During this time Gabe was cutting teeth like crazy. It seemed there was a new one popping through each week. Fortunately, it did get easier on him with each tooth. Just tonight I noticed an eighth new tooth. It was not there when I left on Tuesday!

He also began using two words quite frequently....puppy and daddy.

Not mama. Maybe never mama. (....wailing and sobbing....) I swear the kid does it on purpose.

But, I know he loves me. Tonight when I went to pick him up he put his head down and snuggled on my shoulder for a solid minute (completely unheard of for my rambunctious little one).

Ten months old and growing a mouthful.

No comments:

Post a Comment