Proverbs 16:9

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
Galatians 5:25

"Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit."

Saturday, February 6, 2010

5 Days to One Year

This morning Casey, Gabe, and I had breakfast at Weeze's Cafe (a quaint little down home cookin' small town style cafe in downtown B'ville). Then, after Casey went to work at noon, Gabe and I spent the day together getting the house ready for his birthday party. I conquered the mess of a desk we have and a mountain of laundry. Gabe helped "sort" my shred pile and helped "sort" the clean laundry. Then he "reorganized" the bottom shelf of our dvd collection. Quite the little "helper" he is.


7 months old

Apparently, I decided to begin feeding Gabe well again in this month. His body's looking a little chubby in this photo. He did upgrade to "2nd foods" during this month. And, he started drinking from a sippy cup.

And, back to school I went this month. Softball season was in full swing and we were in crazy mode. Gabe was crawling, sitting, and pulling himself up on furniture to stand. People always commented that he must be teething because of excessive drooling, but no teeth would show during this time. He had his first weekend away from mom and dad when my parents came down to B'ville and kidnapped him. We really enjoyed the weekend to ourselves, but were glad to have Gabe back on Sunday. Gabe was becoming increasingly verbal during this time too. Nothing we could understand of course, but it was so fun to listen to his endless babbling. He also went fishing with us for the first time. It was beginning to get chilly and ended up being more chilly than I thought it would be, so while Casey fished Gabe and I waited in the truck.

Sadly, because it was softball season, I didn't keep a very good record of everything that went on.  It was a stressful time managing work, softball, and family. But he was changing and maturing so much every day. And, what time we did have together was spent just having fun. He was an incredibly easy baby to begin with and each month just made it easier.

7 months old and moving fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment