Proverbs 16:9

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
Galatians 5:25

"Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit."

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Another First

Recently Gabe's cousins came to visit from Alabama. And, while the kids were in the backyard playing Gabe took a tumble on the cement and earned himself his very first "strawberries" on his knees.

Now, being the well-behaved parents that we are, at first we tried to blow it off. You know the drill, if you give no reaction, you get no reaction. Generally Gabe just blows off falling down, 'cause let's face it, he sure does a lot of falling these days.

Well, this time it was different. Gabe was very upset, real tears upset. So, I scooped him up, took a look at his knees, and sure enough they were good and bloodied up.

Into the kitchen we went to wash it off and I wish I had what happened next on video because it was so dang hilarious.

I sat Gabe on the counter and he was carrying on screaming and crying. I was washing up Gabe's knees as his grandmother asked, "Oh, are those his first strawberries?" And, Gabe stopped crying instantly. Like didn't even think about it, just stopped, looked up at me hopefully, and asked with an almost grin "stah-behr-we?" (strawberry?).

Uhhh.....no, Baby....not that kind.

Kids truly say the darnedest things.

Daddy make it all better.



Ouchie.

I know this will be a first of many, many more ouchies to come.

I just hope they're all as simple as strawberries on the knees.

No comments:

Post a Comment