I was working away on laundry, which I'm always doing it seems, and I came in from the garage (yes, where we have our washer and dryer.....maybe someday I'll get a real laundry room) to this.
What do you think he was thinking?
They were so carefully placed.
That is some serious concentration.
Proudly taking in his masterpiece.
Say you like it! Or else...
On a completely different note, today a student did something that made me so proud (For those of you who don't know, I teach 11th and 12th graders business computer courses.). This particular student has issues with pride and anger. These two personal qualities are bad enough on their own and when mixed together make for a very hostile attitude. Anyway, the student swallowed the pride and anger and apologized to a teacher for some very inapproriate behavior.
I just had to share this with you all because it reinforced a very valuable lesson I always knew to be true. If you invest your time and effort in a young person and genuinely show them how much you care and that they matter and what they do (good, bad, or ugly) matters to you eventually there will be character improvements. This moment today was a huge encouragement for Casey and I and I hope it will be an encouragement to any of you who may come in to contact with young people.
And, now I leave you with this quote I just heard today, which fits so perfectly.
"When we know better, we do better." -Maya Angelou
The example you set for others...matters.
Those look like the same clothes from yesterday. Really don't like doing the laundry eh. Daniel by the way.
ReplyDeleteYes, well he is wearing the same clothes...because it was the same day! I'll have you know I actually sorta-kinda enjoy laundry and it's done on a very regular, frequent basis.
ReplyDelete