Proverbs 16:9

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
Galatians 5:25

"Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit."

Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother Nature

Tonight's post is going to jump around a bit. It was kind of impossible to link together everything I had to share.

Mother Nature:

Spring storms came a visitin' this evenin'. And, they were not good company.

Gabe and I (Casey was at work) spent a couple of hours this evening in the basement of our neighbor's house. They actually attended a dinner at church across town, and were kind enough to allow us to stay in the basement while they were gone. Gabe was overjoyed at the new place with so many no-no items. He has become one busy toddler.

I watched and waited very nervously as the reports were coming in on the television, but fortunately the only thing Bartlesville received was a good downpour. Many other areas around Oklahoma were not nearly as lucky. Several tornados have already wiped out businesses and houses in different towns, and there will most likely be more before the day is done.

Mother's Day Recap:

This past weekend I traveled to Kansas to surprise my mom for mother's day. On Saturday, Mom, Dad, Gabe, and I went to some garage sales. I was very excited to score on a couple of pieces of furniture for my living room, but didn't have the truck, so had to leave them at my parents' house for the time being.

Sunday we went to lunch in Lawrence with all the girls and kids on my mom's side of the family. It was a great lunch filled with lots of love and laughs.

And, my very thoughtful husband packed a card in my suitcase for me to open on Mother's Day! Then when I got home he surprised me with a newly sodded (I'm sure that's not a word, but how else would you say it?) front yard and another card and gift from Gabe. About two weeks ago, sod was laid on half of the front yard by a not very happy contractor working for ONG because they tore up our yard replacing gas lines. Casey thought it would be nice if the rest of the yard had fresh sod also because it was primarily weeds.

More Nice Spring Day Photos:


"I love you, Daddy."



Baby toes.
(toe ring courtesy of walking barefoot)



Those would be the aforementioned weeds.



Ignore her...ignore Libby.



He likes outside....a lot.


I'll be finishing up the last of the sprinkler fun photos tomorrow. Hopefully we are through with storms for the evening. I would love to get a good night's rest instead of a night of watching the radar.

1 comment:

  1. I just caught up on reading your posts. I was wondering about Gabe's forhead so I'm glad you brought it up hehe!

    Don't feel bad about your washer and dryer in your guroge. My aunt and uncle had theirs there before they moved into their new house so you're not the only one!

    The storm was crazy last night! I thought we were gonna get hit but God protected us. :) Do you not have a basement in your house so that's why you went to your nabours?

    ReplyDelete