Proverbs 16:9

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
Galatians 5:25

"Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit."

Friday, May 14, 2010

Being Married

I love being married. Really, really love being married.

Casey is my best friend and my husband.

He's the father of my precious baby (and does a great job at it I might add).

He partners with me in household duties. He cooks, he washes dishes.

Today he volunteered to do the grocery shopping! And, since I loathe walmart I was glad to let him go.

I am the absolute luckiest woman in the entire world.

Now, don't get me wrong....marriage is work and marriage has its ups and downs. And, we have our fair share of sparring matches (verbally....not physically). Fortunately since Casey's the non-confrontational type and I'm the get it out, and get it over with type they never last long.

And, many times when one or the other is "frustrated" (our nice word for ticked off) the other person is so amused it's not long before we're both laughing.

And, so that's how tonight went. Here's an instant replay of our conversation this evening.

Me: This is the third time today, Casey (as I pick his hat up off the couch and put it away in the closet).

Casey: Julie. A lot of times you just pick it up before I pick it up.

Me: Ya think? (followed by uproarious laughter because of the obviousness of the statement) Honey, what do I leave out that annoys you? (thinking maybe I can get him to relate)

Casey: You don't leave anything out and that annoys me!

Me: Major uproarious laughter and difficulty breathing.

And, that's where it all ended. He couldn't possibly be mad when I found it to be so hilarious.

And, that is why I love him. He makes me laugh, he works his tail off doing everything in his power to make me happy, and he really, truly loves doing those things for me.


I love you, Baby.

(picture is circa 2007 in case you were wondering....)

No comments:

Post a Comment