Proverbs 16:9

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
Galatians 5:25

"Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit."

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Really, Daddy....I Got This

Well, folks. Maybe you've figured out from my hint in yesterday's post just what we're tackling next on the house (besides continually working on the sod in the yard). For those of you who haven't....it's the dining room. I am, for the third time this calendar year, painting the walls in my dining room.

This time though I think I've solved the problem. I have completely gone away from the warm yellow I was wanting (it just didn't work with my floors...darn it) and switched to a cool blue/gray. And, in an effort to save myself some heartache (Casey just might divorce me if I ask him to help me paint the room again this decade...just kidding!) and mind changing later, I actually purchased my first test cans of paint and then put a little strip of each on the wall too see what I would like best.

Here is the truest shot I could get of the test areas.

We like the far left best.

And, it's a little lighter than what is portrayed here. I believe it's going to really open up the room and bring back some nice light to what has really become a dark room. There are no windows in the room so it truly has to rob light from doorways of rooms that do have windows and the dark yellow-ish color I have in the room now is just not cutting the mustard---well, technically I guess it is cutting mustard...which is not the look I'm going for...but I digress....back to what I was saying....

So, I'm very excited about this new color and I can't wait until it's finished. And, all the trim and doors in the dining room are going to get a nice white facelift, because we haven't painted the doors ever, and the trim since we moved in.

Gabe helped us prime the wall for the test strips and I do believe he quite enjoyed the manual labor. Looks like I'm in luck!


Take note of the paint on his right hand....
....and the ever present car in his left.



See, ya do it like this Gabe.



Yeah, I think I got it.



Really, Daddy....I got this.



Yeah, you do, Buddy.
Good work!

No comments:

Post a Comment