Tonight's post is going to be an amalgam of happy endings to stories begun right here on this very blog.
Let's begin with the happy ending to our table buying process. You may recall, a few weeks ago we had some issues with Mathis Brothers and pricing, but after a letter of concern to the store, the issues were resolved and they just so happened to see things our way.
And, we have very much enjoyed the table we purchased. It's comfy and big, and comfy and dark, and comfy and well...the seats are awesome.
Gabe and Libby look on.
Table shines proudly in the background.
So pretty...old world style.
And, this is without the leaf.
It's a very long table.
And the bench might be my very favorite feature.
Even if it does have a very fine layer of sheet rock dust covering it...
...except for the buttprint where Casey sat.
See that green bean?
It and others just like it....
....make Gabe very happy.
My second happy ending story is recently Casey and I repainted the dining room. When we moved into the house three years ago we painted it a very nice neutral Oregon sand. In December I believe, maybe it was January...we painted the dining room again after I was inspired by a page in a Better Homes and Gardens magazine. The color that was painted on the wall wasn't exactly the color on the page in the magazine. Well, more like not even close. The color on the wall could be likened to a school bus yellow. So, a couple of weeks ago I talked Casey into helping me paint the dining room again and this time it came out perfectly. I really wasn't sure for the first couple of days because I kept seeing the old school bus yellow in my mind, but now when I sit in the dining room I love it. The color is a neutral gold, with a tint of green.
And, now for the last happy ending story...I made a decision on the phone dilemma. I went with the iPhone. I love it. I know I won't love the increase in service charges on my next bill, but I love, love, love my iPhone. I've already had mini lessons with some of my students on how to use it.
That is, the students are teaching me how to use the phone.
Am I old?
No comments:
Post a Comment