Proverbs 16:9

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
Galatians 5:25

"Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit."

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Let Me Help You With That....

Gabe and I spent Friday evening through Tuesday evening at my mom and dad's. And, while we were there we were lucky enough to get to spend a couple of quality days with my nephew Bryson. He is two and a half and every bit the typical curious, extra helpful, and selective listener that most two year olds are.

It was all entertainment for me, but I only spent a couple of days with him and I wasn't doing it on my own. I'm sure it will all come back to bite me when my little "angel"....haha....turns two.

Some of my favorite moments were captured by cellphone and therefore not really of the greatest quality for sharing here on my blog. Monday for lunch my mom, Bryson, Gabe, and I had Red Lobster. I think I made three trips to the bathroom with Bryson and Mom made one....and thankfully we left the restaraunt without having to change any undergarments. But, oh the faces he made at the table to signify it was "time". And, then the incessant talking once we were in the bathroom....oh, my...all the old ladies who shuffled through the bathroom while we there were quite entertained. And, when we washed our hands I began counting to get him to scrub his hands longer and that smart little cookie took over and counted to eleven!

Tuesday's lunch was leftovers at mom's and I was able to get out my fancypants camera to take some snapshots of Bryson's interaction with Gabe.

Here's how it went down.

Yogurt Gabe?



"In and scrape the top of the mouth...."
Words of advice from Grami.



How about a piece of shrimp Gabe?



Ummm...alright....



....but you can not make me swallow it.



Let me clean that up for you Gabe.



"Now, it's time for your milk...say, 'Ahhhh....' "



"Come on, say, 'Ahhhh...' "



"Ahhh!!!"


The boys had so much fun together. And, it was really very entertaining to watch them together.

1 comment: