21At that point Peter got up the nerve to ask, "Master, how many times do I forgive a brother or sister who hurts me? Seven?"Recently, Casey and I had to have a conversation about how many times we should forgive someone before we gave up on forgiving them. As I pondered the question, seventy times seven kept popping into my head. So, this evening I finally took the time to look up the verse I knew my brain was connecting too.
22Jesus replied, "Seven! Hardly. Try seventy times seven.
I'm so glad I did. It confirms what I feel in my heart but goes against everything my head is telling me. I think when we've been wronged by a person more than once we have a tendency as humans to write them off. "Better off without them I say!" Well, maybe not. Maybe it would do us some good as a human race to go ahead and give that second chance a few more times. Now, I do realize this is a very idealistic way of thinking and packages forgiveness into a nice two sentence frame. I know it hurts to be wronged. I know it's not easy forgiving. Many times forgiving someone means making yourself vulnerable to being hurt all over again.
All I'm saying is give it some thought. Pray on it. Speak to God about what He would have you do. You just might find yourself at the beginning of Luke Chapter 17.
Luke 17:3-4 (The Message)
v. 3-4 "Be alert. If you see your friend going wrong, correct him. If he responds, forgive him. Even if it's personal against you and repeated seven times through the day, and seven times he says, 'I'm sorry, I won't do it again,' forgive him."And, because I've been a little less than dependable the last few days with my blog posts here is a picture from this evening for those of you who really read this for the photos.
Boo! LOL
Gabe just happened to be playing Boo! with his daddy when I snapped this shot. It's a favorite game of his. We're still working on walking more and he is taking more steps from one object to another without prompting, but still really taking his time getting it down. Tonight for supper we had steak, corn, peas, and pork n beans. We all sat down to eat (with tv trays....) and I proceeded to feed Gabe from his plate. I gave him a spoon of the corn first. He immediately spit it out. Next I tried the beans. Again, rejected. Then, I tried the peas, still a no go. And, lastly a piece of steak. He spit out each and every bite. But, as I was going to set his plate down and say just forget it he began eating the food he had spit out. Apparently he does not like to be spoon fed....literally. So, I gave him the plate of food and he made quite the mess but actually ate about 90% of what was on the plate. My baby's growing up.
No comments:
Post a Comment