Proverbs 16:9

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
Galatians 5:25

"Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit."

Sunday, January 31, 2010

11 Days to One Year

We have made it home safely to Bartlesville. (I'll be recapping all the fun we had at Gabe's Kansas birthday after he turns one.) The roads were pretty well dry and clear all the way up until we reached Oklahoma. We made a lot better time than we did on Friday evening.


7 weeks old

At seven weeks we were still not sleeping but a couple of hours each night. Feeding was still very difficult and truly round the clock nearly every other hour. I read so many books, blogs, and expert websites on the topic of breastfeeding, but to no avail. Nursing was really hard for us.

Around this time Casey and I had our first date post birth. My dear friend Nikki watched Gabe at our home and we really stepped out of our comfort zone and drove all the way to Owasso for our date! For those who don't know, Owasso is approximately 35 minutes south of Bartlesville. We went to Olive Garden and had plenty of time to do a little shopping, but we didn't.

After finding it difficult to really think about anything but Gabe at supper and realizing I hadn't even kissed him goodbye when we left, we headed right back home after our meal was finished. I think we were gone maybe 3 and a half hours total. And, goodness it felt like a long time! Our next date wouldn't be for another two months, more on that in a later post.

Seven weeks old and making it very hard for Mommy to think about returning to work!

1 comment:

  1. they had plenty of time to go shopping, as i recall Gabe and I just sat in the recliner, he slept the majority of the time and i just enjoyed holding a sleeping baby.

    ReplyDelete