Proverbs 16:9

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
Galatians 5:25

"Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit."

Saturday, January 30, 2010

12 Days to One Year

Tonight we will be celebrating Gabe's first birthday with his Kansas family (no, he hasn't actually turned one yet). When I finish this post I will begin baking the cake and cupcakes for the party this evening. After he turns a year I'll be sure and post all the fun from his Kansas party and Oklahoma party.

Six weeks.

Gabe has lost his "newborn" look in this picture, but he certainly hadn't lost his "newborn" behaviors. At this point I was beginning to wonder if the newborn stage would ever end. Hard as it all was though, I was also dreading going back to work.

Gabe was beginning to smile on purpose and oh, they were wonderful smiles! I could lay him under his baby gym on the floor and he would play contentedly for long periods of time. It was beginning to get easier managing household chores. He also liked his bouncy seat and would flirt with himself in the mirror hanging on it. I tried out his swing hoping for longer more consistent naps, but he really wasn't a fan at this age.

Six weeks old and winning over mom and dad with his big grins. Who cares if we were still sleep deprived?

No comments:

Post a Comment