Proverbs 16:9

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
Galatians 5:25

"Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit."

Thursday, January 28, 2010

14 Days to One Year

Good news! Bartlesville did not get the ice today as predicted earlier in the week. Most of the rest of Oklahoma was not so lucky. I did have a full day of school and the roads were dry to drive home. Just about an hour ago it began snowing a light flurry. Tonight they're calling for a few inches of snow by morning....we shall see.

Three weeks old and very, very tired.


Gabe...I was talking about Gabe being tired...wasn't I? I suppose we were all very, very tired at this point in the game. It is so strange to see this sleeper just swallowing up his teeny, tiny newborn body. The sleepers he's wearing now have 18 months written on the tag and he's nearly busting out of those.

During Gabe's third week he took his first stroller ride. It was unusually warm for February. The temperatures were somewhere in the 80s. What began as a wonderful breath of fresh air quickly went south. I think we made it two and a half blocks before we had to turn around and go home to feed the hungry little monster. On the next stroll we were sure to feed him (and I use the term "we" loosely) right before we headed out.

We also attended Gabe's first baseball game. I don't really remember anything about the game. I do remember that he slept through most of the game completely oblivious to the announcer and cheers from the crowd. Then, when his Dad showed up he decided to wake up and scream bloody murder...which of course was my cue to pack things up and take him home to feed him.

The softball team threw us a diaper shower. The girls and their moms oooed and aaahhhed over him for about an hour before he began demanding his 27th meal of the day. Anyone else seeing a pattern here with the feedings? We scored on a ton of diapers and wipes which certainly came in handy the following couple of months.

Gabe was still sleeping in his small crib in our bedroom. Every little rustle or whimper jolted me from my bed. So, even when I could have been sleeping, I couldn't.

Three weeks old and completely ruling our world.

No comments:

Post a Comment